6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

day 863

:) !!!!!!!

Got it!

Started unemployed, asking wife for cig $$$, no one would touch me. Got my foot in the door with NY State. Moved up through the ranks...and...AND... THE BRASS RING!!!!! Got the call yesterday, they're appointing me Director! YESSSSSSS. At long last, they finally gave the devil his due. After paying dues for WAY too many years, eating WAY too much humble pie, I got the dream gig!!! I'm in the club!!!!!

Now, the downside: it IS an appointed position, you could lose your gig @ any time, AND you make a better target. Still, you gotta have the stones to take the reigns. Nice.

Also, says alot for my agency. They obviously have an appetite for cool.

Now, the yang: got home, sat on the couch in the living room, Stoney: "Why you gotta push my buttons." I explained he was putting me in an imposssible position/damned if I did-0damned if I didn't. If i let him isolate, I'm not parenting. If I'm there, he thinks I'm breaking his balls. Homey got issues. AND, worst of all, I literally asked "how come Mommy sits here for hours, and you got no beef with that???" To which he, of course, had no response.

But...today I ran. Life is good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! It's good to be recognized.