6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, October 1, 2011

day 797

Better than I thought.

Did the 1/2 today. NOT rested, no carbs, so the energy wasn't what it should'a been, but still came in @ 49%. I'm happy with that.

Yes it was a struggle, I was entirely ready to bail first thing in the am. POURING rain, but fortunately, it stopped as I got the call from brotherfromanothermother. Hooked up, the sun tried coming out, all was well.

Felt good until mile ten, then fatigue kicked in. Fortunately, Vince and Sue were volunteers-can't wimp out in front of your peeps. With 1200metres to go, they cheered me on, I took a walk break, some cute babe used the name she'd overheard them calling me, gave me the push I needed. I LOVE running :) .

Seriosuly considered doing the 1.7, but it turns out, 6 Striders did the half. Imagine if I'd been the sole pussy?

THEN, hung in nyc caught a limited release flick, and the SKIES OPENED! Bought a cheap shit street um-br-ella (eh eh eh eh) to get to Duane Reade to buy a real one.

Did a spin class to cool down, then headed home.

A very good day.

No comments: