6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

day 822

11 more days

Getting closer and closer to The Big One. Brotherfromanothermother called yesterday to tell me he'd FINALLY accessed his Facebook page-he logs on less than Lisa-who logs in once a month. Also, he checked his corral for The Big One. Surprised he did what he did-you MUST give a predicted time-but you gotta do it on a curve. Couple of years ago I was still on Fort Wadsworth, looked up @ the Verrazano, Larry the Lighthouse was on the bridge. WTF???? Since then, I always gave a wildly adjusted time-3 hours. Little did I think they'd buy it! I go off @ 9:40. That's the good news. The BETTER news: it's an hour earlier than normal people. Thank you God!!!!! Waiting that long to run is the worst part.

THAT was icing on the cake. Earlier in the day a former peep who'd relapsed-I'd driven him to rehab-called to check in. I usually duck his calls(I usually duck EVERYONE'S calls. I'm obviously not one to "shoot the shit."), but we had a nice conversation. He was doing well, good. A really genuinely good guy.

Striders hooking up for our usual premarathon pasta dinner. Finally though we got smart. Enough of the friggin' Olive Garden already. Always a wait for crap food. We're doing a local restaurant near here. More gooder! Brotherfromanothermother's volunteering The Expo the same day, so we'll hang, go to The Expo, then the pasta dinner. Nice!!!

THEN, Football Dad friends me on Facebook. God bless the guy. He's one of those genetically nice people-like brotherformanothermother.

So, with rain predicted for this pm through tomorrow, got my miles in this am. Good.

No comments: