6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, May 2, 2009

the thing of it is

signed up to do the LI Marathon, a.k.a. the most boring run on earth. But...here it comes...do I REALLY wanna run bored outta my skull in the rain? Of course not, so, if it rains, doing the half. If it rains ALOT, the 10k. That's my story n' I'm stickin' to it.

Lock and his daughter are doing the full, John the half, Nella the half. Tom, none of the above Still dunno what I'll end up doing. All depends on the weather.

Next time I won't prereg. Mistake for this one.

Spent the day first @ the Y, sauna; then with the peeps @ AP, bless them. They are my center, scary ain't it? Connected with my heart, ok, so far so good. Then off to Citi Field, WCBS was having a thing there. Way cool stadium. Then, back to the expo (ANYTHING but home-It was still there), then to the movies "fighting," not bad-better than X men. Finally back to Toxichouse. Text from football dad, bless him, he remembers. Texts from my heart, thank G, was starting to feel weirder than usual-it sucks to do such a run and have no one on the homefront there for you, much less take notice, but it is what it is. THAT's the prob with this one-no hometown buzz-Long Island could care less, "family" doesn't exist, and Spike is @ his brotherfromanothermother's.

At least the house is quiet.

Crossed fingers for the morning.

No comments: