6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, May 30, 2009

2/3 ain't bad?

did the NYPD vs FDNY 5m in the am, 5k Sunset Run in the Park in the pm.

This am's run-5m in Central Park was HOT. 2 walk breaks. This pm's 5k, in King's Park was HOT. Does King's Park EVER get easier?

Manana 4m in Central Park, while exhausted from today. Why do I do this crap???

Nice to see Curtis and Terry "the voice" esta manana. Gotta hand it to the NYPD/FDNY, they know how to party!!!

***GREAT article on The 5m Challenge in Footnotes. I take personal pride in this. Before I was Prez, there wasn't mention of us, we took out an ad for the last 2 years, numbers swelled. As well they should. One down note: we never broke 300. Oh well, not for lack of effort. Thanks to some amazing peeps: Deb with the web page, Ken with the newsletter, Lynn with her anxiety, we done good. STILL pissed my Long Island peeps didn't ALL show for what I felt was MY race, but fuck 'em, they missed out. Can't wait 'til next year when there's another Prez and I can go back to having fun instead of feeling responsible. (HATE those goddamned meetings).

No comments: