6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, May 3, 2009

SEEMED like a good idea @ the time

so, woke up, rain. Damn. OK, worst case: do the 10k, but let's stay positive.

Get to parking, misty, better.

Most I speak with claim the rain'll hold off 'til noon. Right. Good thing I'm a cynic.

Race time, rain, not heavy but enough. OK, no biggie, leave the race belt in the vehicle, pack 3 gels, only enough for the half. Give it my best: better to do a good half than a crappy full.

Ran into the Eliks in the parking/bathroom area. She was doing the half, he the full.

Saw Lock, Christina and John. John was aiming for 2 hrs, the way he took off I'm sure he made it. Lock was looking to do 3:50-4. If he didn't I'd be shocked.

Ran well, felt good. THAT'S the beauty of training for a full-a half is easy my comparison. No walking, nice pace. Gun time: 2:02. SURE I broke 2 hours. Happy.

Ran into Deb @ S N S. Actually surprised to be ambulating that well @ that stage.
Right knee feels sore, but hey, sore is good.

and yes...medals ARE given for the half. Wish I'd known this years ago.

(STILL fucking raining!!! grrrrr).

******NEVER AGAIN WILL I DO THIS RACE. From the clusterfuck of the expo to the disaster of the race itself. "Disaster?" you ask? Yes/ My time didn't register. Nothing. No splits, nothing at all, nothing. As if it didn't happen. Ran well, ran hard, consistent, and IT DIDN'T FUCKING REGISTER IN THE RESULTS. Had a gun time of 2:02, a net time well under-how do I know? Crossed the line with 2 NHP peeps, I asked one of them to show me her watch: 1:56+. Amazing. Ran one of my best halfs and it didn't count. Fuck me.

And who calls to end the night? Tom. Bless him, called to ask how it went. If it weren't for Tom and Pret I dunno where I'd be.

No comments: