6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, May 16, 2009

1/2 way there!

BSA 5k, check.

Healthy Kidney 10k, check.

Manana the Forest Park 4m.

Tues: Wall Street 3m.

Weird distances n'est pas?

This am, POURING rain @ the start, then a mile in, it stopped. Crap. Thank G for the West Side Y. Set up camp there, so I was good to go before and after, during...not so much. Did ok, nothing remarkable, but ok. This was one of those "hurry up and get it done" races. usually you enjoy it, but the weather really detracted. Saw DP @ the end, just a quick "howdy" then off to dry clothes. Shame really, this one's usually a blast. Fortunately, got a GREAT parking spot-right across from the Y. You know you have a great spot when the doormen are breaking your balls asking if you're leaving.

It and Spike out @ a first communion. Didn't mention it to me. Hurts, but s'ok. Remember the special NBC aired friday, THAT was It before It went mental. Farrah is an identical twin to It when It was bedridden. Sent chills up my spine. Reminded me of what life was like before Cancer struck, and how alone I feel. This hurts. So it goes.......

Saw Angels and Demons. AMAZING. Took me back to trips to Rome. Hadda hand it to my Mother. She broke her balls to expose us to tons of shit. The film is really well done-2 hrs, 20 mins, but it passes quickly-especially if you've been there. Felt like they trailed the spots I visited to scout locations. After a while got tired of thinking "been there...been there...there too..."

2 hearts, babe, get the job done........................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're right, the weather turned today from a "savor the moment" type day to a "lets just get this done" day. congrats on completing! check out my race recap at: http://www.nycin310.com/?p=549

jason@nycin310.com
www.nycin310.com