6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, April 26, 2009

wait for the miracle

ok, the big day was upon us. BLAZING heat, but......Tried waking up whatshisname, to no avail. Bitterly disappointed, but fuck it, I'm used to being alone. (AND...the killer part: when I got home, It's in the backyard on the phone, he's inside. As in: never left the house/never even got outside. It truly IS a useless bitch. Beautiful day and doesn't push him.).

went to the job, got the laptop etc...to show the powerpoint of last year's race, load up the gear, head to the race site.

Already tired, but press on.

Did the run. DAMN it was hot, VERY hot. 3 walk breaks-do St.Francis daily, but this 5m killed me. Then again, it WAS the day after a race AND stupid hot.

The good news: near record numbers, 230 +. The bad news: the More run was cancelled due to the heat. Wimps. We could'a drawn over 300 if they'd put out enough notice. I AM pissed. BUT, al the usual suspects/peeps were there, made me feel surrounded by The Family. Nice. Joe, Curtis, Sal, Terry, Mike, Big Bird etc...really made my day, joining my green peeps.

Went back to the job, switched vehicles, the bastards washed my truck. Bless them. Wait for the miracle-felt down in the dumps about whatshisname not being with me, but G took care of me. Nice. A totally random act of kindness perpetrated by the patients. Bless them. No wonder I feel more comfortable among them than others.

College Point showed, the Renegades, GLIRC, LIRRC. Nice. Hellgate? Figures. So much for Queens hangin' together. Clubs get EXACTLY what they deserve. Thank G we do it for the sake of doing it. We never lost sight of our goal.

Still...wish Spike's been there.

No comments: