6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, April 25, 2009

it was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

ok, WAS psyched to go to the first annual Run for the Wild @ the Bronx Zoo with whatshisname. Plan was: wake him up, split. Ok, that WAS the plan.

Tried waking him up, THAT didn't work. It was kind enough to tell me "he's sleeping," no shit. That's generally the condition of people being awoken. Really helpful isn't It? Needless to say, he didn't go. Oh well.

Off I went. What a place!!! Def not the Bronx Zoo of my youth. The place is pristine. The peeps there really work @ keeping the place primo. And, lots of swag. Unfortunately, they ran outta shirts for day of race peeps. A delightful problem actually, though for $35 day of race cost, they'd better do SOMETHING to provide R.O.I.

The run itself, challenging, VERY challenging, even for a 5k. Who'd a thunk hills?
Time: 25:40. Nice.

Without Keith, no point in hangin' @ the zoo, so back to AP to reconnect. Ahhhh, that made me feel way better. j.w.t.d.o.

Really hurt he didn't come, ESPECIALLY hurt It proved useless, you'd think It'd push him out the door.

This is what I live with. Thank G for running.

***and guess who was there: my nemesis: Fred. Amazing.

*****checked the qfrrc/team brickwell calendar, there's NOTHING for tomorrow. The last entry WAS the 4-4 Run for Aspire. Nice. Really nice. Think I'll get root canal 6-14.

No comments: