6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, December 27, 2008

...you get what you need

ok, hadda hit the job because I KNEW one of the bleeding hearts had fucked up.

We have 22 guys and 4 women patients. Head bleeding heart-a Social Worker-allows the women to do as they please, i.e. sleep rather than attend groups, manipulate staff etc...basically have the run of the place. Oh no they don't. This am I went in and stopped the buck. Explained to the women that if they could wake up for me, they could wake up for anyone (as I went to wake up the head female waste of life another female patient asked if I was going to wake up "princess," see what I mean???). And this shit about sleeping, nope. Attend all groups on time or face discharge. Enough. Best: they'd been allowed to use the staff bathroom. Now, understand: we have 22 guys using 2 stalls,11 to 1 ratio. 4 women using 1 bathroom, 4 to 1 ratio. YOU tell ME who's got it better. So, this crap about the staff bathroom was quashed. Last: they were allowed to use the admissions lounge as a "quiet room." As if the ladies lounge isn't enough??? So, it was explained to them that if they need a "quiet room," each of the 4 should take a corner in their lounge. Christ all fuckin' mighty!!! Who runs the joint anyway??? REALLY annoying to counterbalance staff bad judgement. Could they enable the patients any more than they do???

(can you tell priestbrother doing The Marathon hasn't quite worked itself outta my system yet???) Bastard.

So, with this, yes, St.Francis. Felt good, speed improving though that wasn't the point. BEAUTIFUL temps, almost went shirtless.

Nice to run with the club for a change, a great bunch of people.

So, got to get my St.Francis on. Was THAT the song reference, nope. It got better.

Went to see Seven Pounds. GREAT flick. But nope, that isn't it either.

I'm sitting having dinner-forgot to eat yesterday, Spike and Shebitch come barging in. Turns out, Spike is working!!! Shebitch's restaurant needed a busboy tonight, guess who? Is that cool or what? Lil sumbitch will earn a buck. Nice. Hope he loves it as much as I did. His first taste of independence.

Ken wants articles for The Strider. Kind'a draggin' my ass on this one. January Prez's message is big, for me. Chance to reflect on the past year. It's been onehellofafuckin' year, but gotta pick the highlights.

missed Pret today on The Line, but then again, I always do.

No comments: