6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, December 20, 2008

it wasn't pretty, but...

we did it!!! Did the run, got it done!

AP had a strong showing. Why THIS race gets so many wearers of the green, I have NO idea. The conditions were abysmal. Over 1,200 people regged, 640 actually "ran." Astrid placed in her age group, at least we got SOME hardware. But that isn't what this one's about. Being a part of it was what mattered.

Take your usual/decent pace, add a minute, that's today. I did ok. Started out midpack, then lost speed in last mile. This one was a "glad I didn't slip and break my ass" run. Slippery, sloshy, esp @ the turns-they were trecherous.

I'm impressed they held it in spite of conditions. Reminded me of King's Park a couple of years ago when the run was postponed. Hey, we sign waivers.

Tom couldn't make it, called to ask if I'd get his shirt-he preregged. Had his chip in my pocket to return @ the end, it registered!!! Too funny.

Only one of the bluepeoplewhoshouldcallaspadeaspadeandjoinaREALclub was there. Times HAVE changed. But today, you really couldn't tell. Not as many costumes either. Like I said, glad to be done.

Manana, the elections/holiday party.

No comments: