6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

lately I been runnin' on faith...

ok, 1996: transferred from the Manhattan facility to Creedmoor. @ that time, thought it was the end of the world. Since coming to Queens Village, everything's been cool. Backstory there: 2 coworkers and myself worked the politicians to keep the Manhattan site open, AND Manhattan gave me a gig when no one else would hire me. I grew up there.

Since coming to Creedmoor though, all has been better. 1/2 the size (MATC=52 beds, CATC= 26), closer to home, across the street from Alley Pond...too good, and best: back home to Queens.

So far so good n'est pas?

Today the Gov/my boss came out with the budget. Manhattan is slated for closure, saving the state the 14 mil it would cost to relocate it (it's located in a building like our bldg 40, the only dif being MATC is the only occupant of 14 floors).

Now, lots of political shit has to go down before it actually happens but...put it this way...when I contacted my peeps there, no one spoke of putting up a fight. Sad.
Thank G I'm Senior Assistant Director. I'd bump all the others, but my site is cool.

It was weird. Leadership (us) heard @ 9:30. Then, the comish told all staff in a webinar @ noon. Felt odd being a "leader."

Another part of my history, poof!

St.Francis this am-shorts again. Another "hadda," and not a moment too soon-misting as I ran, but then @ noon snow. Ouch.

Manana the patients Christmas party. Really puts the spirit of what it's all about back in.

No comments: