6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Monday, March 18, 2013

Day 1330

Glad I did it!

Had serious misgivings about the NYC Half. Aside from zero support on the homefront, being the object of rage the night before (great to do a race with neither rest nor support), I pulled the glute/IT band shit. Limping ain't fun. BUT, I preregged, AND, could I really d.n.s.? What added to it, peeps were doing the 4 x 2's in Eisenhower. 2 miles I could (probably) do, 13.1? Ouch.

The one thing I envy: peeps who "train." They never know how good they got it. That involves someone @ home who actually cares, or at the very least, doesn't subvert your best efforts. Must be nice. For me, supplying my own necessities is a feat unto itself. And I don't have disability (or someone ELSE to pay the taxes on it) to help. I'm completely on my own. Kind'a like running a marathon ain't it?  ;)

Got a great parking spot-upside of wanting to get the FUCK away from the Bitch asap, napped, got up, strolled to the start. THAT was the toughest part. Cold, not unbearable, but cold. I was on the fence re: shorts or longs. Opted for longs. With my knees, rather sweat that pain/shiver.

Lo and behold, I didn't totally suck! I finished, better than my Manhattan Half time (2 loops around Central Park SUUUUUUUCKS), after mile 10 I needed walk breaks, but I did ok. There was actually someone behind me.

High points: seeing Mr.G in Central Park-I hope he realizes what he means to the running community-AND he has the same injury, running down 7th ave, through Times Square, and of course: The Medal!

Do I wish I did the 4 x 2's? Suffice to say: I would'a run much better, BUT, they won. If I was there they wouldn't've. Glad for them. REALLY glad I did the half, I'm hurt as hell-this time physically too, but I ran. I was happy. First time in too long.

And the BEST perk: not a word from Bitch. It celebrated Palm Sunday by, again, ignoring Its son to hang with friends, then buying Applebees takeout (remember, if I don't supply lunch $ he goes without). Bitch. Useless bitch.

No comments: