6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, November 28, 2010

day 490

threepeat!!!!!

Ok, Friday, 8:29. yesterday 8:51, today 8:56. YAYYY!!! 3x sub 9's. REALLY glad, and, THAT was just the beginning!

Was, again, tempted to NOT wear the chip. But, took off before had time to think. Why? Was hangin' with brotherfromanothermother. YAYYY!!! Besides Stoney and Pret, the only human to set foot in my baby. We hung in the truck before the run catching up on "stuff." Helluva good time. Before we knew it, time for the last pre-race piss, then, the gun went off! FUCK! We were so busy talkin' @ the start, we weren't paying attention (not a bad thing, it was COLD. Not yesterday cold-no wind, but cold nontheless.).

Now, Rob's Run is one of those "you live on Long Island so you MUST do it" races, not unlike Cow Harbor. I do it because of Steve. Brotherfromanothermother did it because of Eddie-with whom we hung before the run. Funny, we each had a running mentor/bro/bud/peep.

The downside, lots of single file running, in the woods, XC. So, pray it isn't muddy, and pray more that the asshole in front of you either keeps pace or moves over. Today was a crash course in "if you wear an Ipod, make sure you can hear what's around you." Actually hadda push people outta the way, they couldn't hear me.

Brotherfromanothermother sucked worse than I. I was THRILLED; again, broke 9 minutes. He came in @ 9:25. WHATTHEFUCK????? I passed him right after mile 2, expected him to catch me, he tried but couldn't. That just ain't right. He is the opposite of Deb. Pesa rests and runs better/faster. He doesn't run and loses speed. He hadn't run all week. He's not sure if working midnights is finally getting to him. I don't think so. I believe his motivation is gone. He's happily married, has a supportive spouse. If I was him I'd be home all the time, or pursuing shared interests with her.

REALLY glad I was, again able to break 9. There's hope for me yet! Imagine what I could do if I really tried?

...and...nice give-a-way:knit hats.

No comments: