6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, November 27, 2010

day 489

YESSS!!!

In training, "they" say you hit a plateau, but don't quit. This IS true!!!

Was tempted to NOT wear the chip today-end on yesterday's sub 9 minute high note. But no, hadda see if it was a fluke. Possibly an error, today was XC. Ouch! BUT, Deb was there, good to use her to pace me-she usually outguns me (which REALLY makes me question my training ethic).

So, saw the usual suspects-half of 'em. Today WAS "The Orphanage" a.k.a. "Bridie Goldstein" run, but it's no mo'. They lost money. So half were here, the rest will be there manana for Rob's Run-the Long Island thing to do.

So, off we went, cold, sweatpants cold. Deb was gonna wear her Strider jacket, THAT's cold.

So, ran the last mile with her, then passed her with 100m to go, just to prove I could. The thing is, don't usually wanna, but hadda make the point that I can if I so choose.

Came in sub 9, 8:51, but factor in it was XC, really happy. Also, the last 400m was wrongly laid out. You rounded a turn, expected to finish, the line was further. Not cool. BUT, it was the guys from Tri and du It, really great guys. Asked about the new Year's Day run, said they awaited FAA clearance.

VERY happy, 2 days sub 9, glad i wore the chip.

Now, manana? Dunno. Narrow, single file areas. Might go chipless.

Stoney? spending the weekend @ brotherfromanothermother's. Shebitch? Presume It's there as well (wouldn't wanna invest time winterizing your home or anything). AND, It took the milk. Nice eh?

The best news-aside from 2 sub 9's, breaking the "Fluke" theory? Have the house to myself!!! YAYYYYY!

No comments: