6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Monday, November 15, 2010

day 477

better!

Checked my time for yesterday's race vs. last year, came in 20 seconds better. I'll take it! Actually felt like I was putting out effort. Not a bad thing. BUT, what was going through my mind was "it's ONLY a 5k, man up." Though, @ the last mile, there was an endless hill.

(DO miss the old days. Last year we had the Mineola Mustang as the "race after The Big One." Also, we had the Bridie Goldstein/a.k.a. The Orphanage 5k. It was back to back Syosset races: one week the Prostate Cancer; next week/down the road, the Bridie Goldstein; the following week, again, down the road, Rob's Run. Miss that).

This am, back home, back to The Line. WHAT A GREAT MORNING!!! Cool, crisp, barely broke a sweat. Sweatshirt and shorts. LOVE this weather. Again, for some ODD reason, all is right with the world. :)

Left Toxichouse this am. Stoney hadn't slept. Being part Schaefer, he waits 'til the last minute. The night before, he'd been up 'til 5 playing the new Call to Duty. So, he procrastinated on a book report-To Kill a Mockingbird. So, lil' fucker was up all night. I didn't feel sorry for him as he made his bed, BUT was impressed @ his tenacity. Was tempted to reward his tenacity with Taco Bell or other junk this eve, but it would enable his procrastination.


***Rick posting on FB about My Father's Place. He and I were @ alotta the same shows, not there, but @ The Ritz, Palladium, The Beacon. Again, my one lament: Long Island SUCKS!!! The city really has it all. A time we'll never relive. The Ritz, China Club, Limelight, Peppermint Lounge, Bond's...jeeeeez. What a time to be young!

No comments: