6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, November 14, 2010

day 476

reconnected!

Saw my L.I. peeps again. Today was the second Great Prostate Cancer Challenge (insert joke _____). Last year DP was there, looked forward to seeing at leats one Strider, but alas, was not to be. WAS nice to again see my LI peeps, George, Paul, Anita, Travis...but we again follow that Mason/dixon line dividing the boroughs. Oh well, their loss. Beautiful morning, GREAT course, LOTS of swag AND a long sleeve tech shirt. One runner, I pulled alongside him, he recognized me from Alley Pond-he remembered the knee braces, wise ass. It DOES amaze me how, even seasoned runners, so many shot their load in the first 2 miles (HELLO, it IS a golf course, LOTS of hills!). I passed alot in the last mile. One guy pushing a carriage passed me in the last 800m. He, too, did The BIg One.

Side notes: Polansky: hip surgery.

The judge: out of action, injured.

No comments: