6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, November 8, 2009

day 105

we did it!!!

With a minimum of crap (though, again, using the cane), finished the race. Was ok until hills, going UP was painful. BUT, didn't walk an inch. Dunno if my pace was what most would call "running," but I didn't walk any of it-and THIS was a tough course. Was mid pack re: The Wearers of The Green, mid pack re: overall finishers as well. REALLY killing me now, but I'll recover. I hope. Or not.

THANK GOD Stoney texted me. The weather is GORGEOUS, so he finally got off his ass and went to play with his friends. I took the time to rake the front lawn-friggin' leaves!!! But it's ok, felt good nontheless to be vertical. Tomorrow I'll hate myself but today, I finished what I started. Nice to see my Long Island peeps also. Wish I could'a stuck around longer @ the end but the pain was too great. Hadda boogie.

No comments: