6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

day 100

ok, settling into the shit time. Of course this is exacerbated by peeps good wishes, you can tell they're trying, but truth is-a shit time is a shit time-injury or no. I am sooooooo content that I didn't bail. My only reassurance. This, of course, is counterbalanced by the fact that e mail is circulating re: club results, I'm right there...at the bottom. And what SUCKS is I could've been in the middle. More accomplished/faster runners have a slower time than I did last year, THAT year was my benchmark. But, it is what it is.

My other reassurance is the split time revealed I came in @ mile 15 @ 2:48. That was pre-injury. I could'a repeated last year. Oh well. I finished. Good.

Now, the rest, THIS is the only part that sucks worse than my time. BEAUTIFUL weather all week, and I'm pinned. It is what it is.

Laughlin hit it on the head: for a club like ours, having 14 do this thing was a friggin' miracle. We're amazing.

For they that don't get it good, they shouldn't.

For us that do: we need to wallow in it. EVERYTHING can be seen through marathon eyes. "tortoise vs.hare," "don't ever quit," etc...

Again, I'm impressed not only with our club, but New York itself. Running this one, you really DO feel as though you own the city. The cheers of the NYFD "We can walk faster than you're running," THAT busted my gut, bless 'em. The NYPD shakin' it to the beat in Brooklyn, the children holding out their hands.....wow.

No comments: