6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, March 15, 2009

look at us we're walking!!!

so, we fielded 2 teams, Rob's "Alley Pond Thunder," and the team I was on: "Gerry's Kids" (hee hee, no expectations). Who won?? BOTH!!! NICE!

Was another of those odd days, though the race was a hop and a skip from Toxichouse, drove to The Parkhouse to meet the peeps. Odd. Then, drive to Eisenhower. They rode with me-obviously well insured, though it WAS funny that I forgot about the child protection crap-can't get outta the backseat-would'a been funny if she missed the race. By MY standards we were there JUST in time-8:30 for a 9 am race, yet we were the first to sign up (bib number 1, ouch). GUESS what color the baton was??? Right, AP green!!!!! BIG props to LIRRC.

Ok, so Rob's team was him, Jose, Tom, and Joe. My team was Gillian, Me, Debbie, Tom. Can you BELIEVE both teams came in third (dif categories obviously-ours mixed open). NICE!!! We expected absolutely NOTHING. Had a good pace also-8:00-again showing I CAN when I wanna, just usually don't wanna.

After we went to Friendly's for breakfast. Nice.

Lots of pix, check back manana.

Really a fun time.

No comments: