6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, March 8, 2009

a good day

should'a taken off, after doing King's Park. Was ambivalent. BEAUTIFUL morning, warm as hell, really wanted to run. But...save them there knees. So, Tom and I had plans to go to Bally's for their 9:30 spin. Really hardcore class. Called him @ crack of dawn to confirm-really wanted to run, was half hoping he'd bail, but no.

So, off I went. Met him there, signed up-like the Y-it's a sought after class. Trainer is an ultramarathoner. Came with a bag full of crap to throw @ us during class-t shirts and hats. We played music trivia, guess the song and.....I guessed, gave an answer to Tom, so we both made out. Actually out trivia'd me: song by Aztec Two Step.

Do I wish I'd run-no. Really was meant to be there. As we were talking in the locker room (my conversation centering around Sybil-It gave Keith $100 to go to the mall yesterday-didn't drive him, just gave him a pile of $$$. To buy sneakers!!!) a guy joined us-he was going through some shit with his 'roid. Tom and I convincing him to lose the lawyer, start running-asap, and spend AS MUCH TIME in the gym as possible, i.e. cheaper to keep her. He was saying his lawyer said....... total crap.

Glad I went. Miss my AP peeps, but so it goes.......

Gonna be a weird week. 3 days out east @ a conference. what to do, what to do? Drive into Queens to run or??? Dunno.

*** still don't get it: everyone thinks Watchmen was a killer flick. I'm still yawning.

No comments: