6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, March 22, 2009

another one bites the dust

did the Colon Cancer 15k, did well, not GREAT, but ok. Shouldn't've run yesterday, but wouldn't change a thing. Glad I did. Finished 9.3m in under 90 minutes, so I'm glad. Saw Andie and her S.O. running in the park, also ran into Noelia. A nice day for a longER run. Got there pre dawn, parked @ my spot of choice and slept like a baby. Race was a late start-10:15, the 4m was @ 9. Couldn't see going to NYC and running only 4, I'm not that smart.

Got my picture taken with the giant colon-no joke, there's a giant colon (like a pink tunnel) you walk through. When the staff saw me taking a pic, they offered to take the shot-of course I couldn't resist wising off: "two assholes."

So, home by 2:30. Good thing I did. Now, to all of you who incessantly tell me to walk away, THIS is why I can't. I come home, It's nowhere to be found, Keith hasn't eaten. Like, nothing. Bear in mind it's two-fucking-thirty. As in, It left before he woke up, leaving nothing. Good parenting. This shit kills me.

Glad I did the run, annoyed I did it @ the expense of leaving Keith alone, but It HAS to take some responsibility for SOMETHING. This is beyond ridiculous.

Ran into Dave The Superjew. GREAT guy to run with, that's about it. Nice guy, but....

STILL haven't decided to do Boston. Prob is the coordinator. Not exactly Mr.Reliable. Gotta decide this week.

No comments: