6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Thursday, January 1, 2009

what was I thinking?????

yesterday morning, off. Went to the job, did the job thing. Snow, sleet, more snow, light stuff. Wind. Glad I took the day off. The DAY that is.

Got the call from Andrea telling me she was local, and we could hook up. Made my life lots easier than meeting @ baggage check, AND put me over the fence. Was on it re: to do the run or not-COLD, snowing etc...When she said she was doing it, that threw down the gauntlet. Love that attitude!!! Gave her her and her s.o.'s bibs and shirts. Then, back to work.

Day ends, off the nyc. Was supposed to see Gov't Mule but plans changed, went to The Garden to see My Morning Jacket. Never saw 'em before.

Calls from Vince and Tom, nice. Thanks guys!

Then off to Central Park. On the way in met someone who'd never done it, we hung for the night, Did the run together, then coffee after.

A WONDERFUL way to start the year.

So, what was I thinking??? IT WAS FREEZING!!!!!!! If it's this cold again, I'll wait till "day of" to sign up.

Happy New Year!!! Last year SUCKED globally, was terrific personally.

No comments: