6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, May 11, 2008

it's a miracle!!!!!

a.k.a. "you're not getting older, you're getting older."

Did the Mauler. Did the usual too much thinking as well.

As Toxichouse is appropriately named, wasn't exactly in my happy place leaving for Jersey. I'm bad enough @ directions, but feeling a total lack of support, AND having opened mail indicating I owed $2,000 to the IRS for Disability Shebitch collected, wasn't exactly feeling confident...yet...press on!

Headed out @ my usual ridiculously early hour, with Rob's directions. Made it to the GWB in good time, over the bridge, into Jersey. All pervasive thought was: "If I get THAT lost, I can always double back n' do the NYRR race." Whaddyaknow, made it to the race site. Took prerace nap, sun rose, entered the park. So far so good, but...wait...no peeps. Wassupwitdat? Sure enough, Rob n' Helen arrived. THEY left Queens @ 8, got to the race site @ 9. What's it like to be normal?

Did 3 seconds faster than the last time I did it. THAT was '04. I'm very happy. Not a bad way to come back from a marathon (you remember, that 26.2 miles of tedium last week???). What you gots'ta know 'bout the Mauler is "The Bastard." This is a hill you CAN NOT run. ALL fail. This year I didn't even try-actually used strategy. Made time on the downhills, walked The Bastard. As though THAT wasn't bad enough (n' you do it twice no less), there's also The Steps, a series of 48 steps designed to make you lust for the rolling hills of AP.

REALLY a good race, put on by runners for runners. Capped off @ 150. Gotta push the club for this o
.....so it goes......
ne, it fills up fast.

No comments: