6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, May 17, 2008

2 down, 1 to go!

So far so good.

Did the BSA, Boy Scouts of America (you KNOW you wanted to ask) 5k. Had a BLAST! Thought of it as a warm up for Saturday's Healthy Kidney 10k. Did a fiddler crab, left work @ 1:30, went to NYRR to get my # n' bib for Sat, headed to the Westside Y to check in and poof! Ready to run. Met Sal, Travis, Anita, and Maria. Sal hadda split after, Maria, Anita, Travis n' I went to Mickey Mantles for the after race party. For some reason one of the organizers remembers me, commented "it's the first time I ever saw you eat." Guess the tats n' earrings DO leave an impression.

Did ok on the run, nothing special, just a run for the sake of running. We ALL agreed this one is special. Where else would you pay $30 for a run. Really cool peeps. Then, back to the Y to crash. Ahhhhhhhhhhh, a blissful night uninterrupted by screaming and accusations, or phone calls betraying your confidence. Bliss.

Friday, rain, rain, and guess what? More rain. FUCK! Wassup with weekends n' rain? Miss Spike terribly, but can't afford to go near Toxichouse. Shebitch gots'ta step up n' parent for 72 hours. Leaving us for A.C. while I pay HER taxes. Makes running look easy n'est pas?

Saturday, woke up, got outta bed, did the Healthy Kidney 10k. Saw Helen n' her peeps. Felt good, really good. Rested. At peace. Called Spike to see what time Shebitch was leaving, It works tonight, leaves for A.C. @ 9am in the a.m. Sunday. Good. He n' I will have a quiet weekend. Asked if he wanted to see Narnia, he thought it was for pussies. Bless him. Asked if he wanted to come back to the scene of the crime Sun am (we went together to Forest Park back when Shebitch was hospitalized-ahhhhh good times). He said he'd prefer sleeping in. I tried.

Went to JV's for coffee before checkin' out a flick. Ahhhhh JV's. Memories, sweet memories. The counter chicks were cute. Thought I was "sexy," must be desperate for non-diseased males. NY, just like I pictured it.

Dread going home, but for Keith, I'm there. Only for Keith. Bless him.

......n' how I lost me, n' you lost you...........................

No comments: