6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, May 18, 2008

3 for 3

BSA, check.

Healthy Kidney, check.

Forest Park, check.

Ran well, felt good. But that's not the point. Felt terrific to be with my Queens peeps. My roots become more and more important as time passes, Queens especially. Felt good @ the end, passed a couple of peeps in the final kick. Thanks guys!

One MAJOR downer: made Gillian feel bad. REALLY feel bad about that. She'd been doing track work so I figured she'd kick my ass. I overestimated. Was a tad too honest, i.e. "what happened to you?" You could tell the gears were turning in her head, but she took it well. You could tell she was affected. Still feel bad.

Always use others as benchmarks. Jose starts last, like me, then works his way up. He did his usual, but @ mile 2.5 I passed him. Asked him wassup? Usually @ that point he'd be 800m or a mile ahead. No reply. Does that alot. Used to it.

THEN, Spike makes my day, asked if I wanted to play handball. We'd played the day before. HELL YES! Let the record show, he actually pulled away from World of Warcraft. Bless him. There weren't any good movies to see, so we actually played. Old school. Ahhhhhhhh.

Shebitch called. Spoke with Keith. Of course she forgot his allowance. Nice. Go off to A.C. but don't give your kid allowance.

God get me to a run!!!!!!!

Next weekend: total insanity. 5k Sat, 10m Sun, 5k Mon. Yumm!!!!!!!!!!

.....all the things I thought I'd figured out, I have to learn again...........

No comments: