6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Monday, May 26, 2008

ANOTHER fine mess

ok. Enter the L'Chaim 5k with secret aspirations of...dare I say it...placing? For the last 2 years I came in 2nd in my age group, lets see if we can three pete.

Saw Eric n' Mike @ the scoring areas, they said my age group was wide open, most regging younger or older. I of course said I'd be happy to finish, but placing would be nice (minimize those hopes!!!). Saw Dom n' Chris.

Saw Debbie Pantano, she'd done this one years ago, remembered the dreaded hills and the need to line up in front.These people are NOT runners, you can hear___vitz or ______owitz telling their offspring "line up in front, save a few seconds," only to nearly trample them when the Shofar is sounded.

David n' Elik were smart, I wasn't. They placed, I came in fourth. Not bad really, but when awards are given 3 deep, DAMN!!!

Went to the job, did the bbq for the patients, set up the music, played, showered, came home. Empty house. Happy memorial day. One foot in front of the other..............Really down, but not every day can be a banner day. DO miss the family thing, oh well. "no one knows what it's like..."


.....n' I stepped to the edge, to see my world below.................

No comments: