6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Day 1470

Check, double check!

Did my NYRR Volunteer shift-number pickup for the Oakley 10k-a women's race, so I wasn't missing out. Walked in, a peep said "now I KNOW you ain't doin' this one," to which I responded "I'm here to make the place look good." Really feel @ home there, the irrascible Janet even hung with me for a bit. Nice. I was doing t shirt distribution, from 3:30-6:15-they let us go 45 mins early. Great! Actually had a good time, and now did all my races + my volunteer responsibility. @014 is all set. Also was nice talking with a woman who was real down on herself-she did the Israel run, 30 secs faster than me (50% of humans are), but she was dif. Turns out, when we were let go, I spoke with her outside, she's bipolar. Told her, "so is half of New York." A good person.

THEN, guess who I bump into while giving out shirts, Rhea! Hung briefly with her-we WERE busy, then Maria! Nice.

Mailed the cd and tickets for Penn to peep who turned on me. Let her keep the Penn tickets, when you're told to fuckoff in a text, I'd say better to cut your losses. Amazing how quickly people turn. Reminds me of Pret. "Love always," then...poof, nothing. Retires from her job, not a word, see her walking with the old people in the 'hood. Wow.

No comments: