6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Day 1466

Sucked, but not so much.

Too many decisions today. the NHP 8k (put on by nyc runs ewwwww), the FP 4m-stay true to Queens or...? Or screw it all, do the Central Park 4m Run for Israel, OR the evening Belmont 5k?

Did Central Park. When in doubt, Manhattan. Felt bad. NHP HADDA hook up with nyc runs-hate 'em. Then, got a text from Gillian. For years I'd done FP, since it IS a queens run, and for old times' sake-there is pic below years ago from when we were a group: brotherfromanothermother, Sue Gamez, Gillian, and I. But for too mny years I did the run alone, the peeps did their own thing, and I got tired of feeling bad, so to hell with it. got another Q, got a shit run in (walk breaks, shit), but I DID get my Q in. Saw big bird and his epep, also a great thing.

Then the lawn and yes, hedges. Hadda. Felt sorry for the postal worker who has to brish by them and get wet. So, did my domestic shit. THAT entailed missing the evening Belmont run, oh well. If I sucked in the am, I'd suck in the pm. Plus, the volunteers had sever attitude last year.

A busy weekend, a good weekend.

*and yes, it WAS funny watching young and old alike @ today's run ask "is it free" referencing the beverages for runners. Jeez. I know it's a run for Israel, but do ya' gotta be THAT much of a stereotype???

No comments: