6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Monday, January 9, 2012

day 897

better, MUCH better!

Dunno if I'm rationalizing or thinking it out, but, my time on Saturday's 10k didn't TOTALLY suck.

I use these as training runs (I treat EVERYTHING as a training run), so, theoretically, your training pace should be a minute or so slower than race pace. With that in mind, I did ok.

I WAS wiped out. Between boogying off to the NYRR to get the bib, to suffering through a cold, I made it and didn't bail. Not TOO shabby.

Brotherfromanothermother similarly was off pace. Almost a minute slower than usual.

So, it wasn't JUST me. Ok. I feel better.

(and the killer: do 6-7 miles every friggin' morning, I should be able to handle a 10k easily.) Oh well. At least I got my first marathon Q in for 2013.

This am, 32 degs, cold (er). We were spoiled from the weekend. Sweatshirt and longs, obviously gloves. Didn't even take a pee break-I dared not. Hadda prove I could jump back on the horse.

No comments: