6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, January 1, 2012

day 889

Happy New Year!!!!!

Last night: WONDERFUL!!!!! Warm (45 degs), got there @ 10-ish, got my 2012 foam headgear, went back to the Y, dropped it off, headed back. For SOME reason, I always think of it as a 5m run. Nope, 4m. Good. Did well. Always think the same : "don't walk any part of any race this year." Until reality sets in. But, no matter. had a BLAST!!!!! Everyone's your friends, loads of tourists cheering you on, everyone wishing everyone else all the best. As DeNiro said in the flick "There's nothing like NY on New Year's Eve." And, my runners miracle: bumped into Sue n' Vince. Usually they attend a concert on new years, this time, they volunteered. Of 10,000 people, I bump into them. Truly, wherever runners are, I have friends. Also bumped into a cutie Asian babe, met her @ number pickup, we made plans to meet up that night. What a GREAT night! Thanks God. Thanks NY!

Then, up typically early (after going to sleep @ 2:30, up @ 5:10), to head to Alley Pond. Completing the new year's cycle.

Actually restrained myself enough to run with the club. Felt good. After doing the midnight thing, didn't think I'd have anything left in the tank-I was wrong. Did my St.Francis and did ok. started off with the fast(er) runners, then took a leak, then did my mid pack. This meant I was alone. Everyone was either faster or slower. Sucked for them. On the way back, cooled off with Helen and Pret. A GREAT day!!!!!

Back to Toxichouse, Stoney sleeping (where he currently lies in state, on the couch, 6 hours later), It with Its clothes, literally, everywhere. As in: covering every square inch of exposed surface. Its car? Nowhere to be found (broken down, needing $600 of repairs, good), meanwhile, It going to a party. Not a word of motivation to Stoney. Niot a morsel of food in the house. A McDonald's bag in the trash.

So good to be "home," NOT.



***Pic below!

No comments: