6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

'tis the season

MARATHON!!!!!!! Can't believe only a few days away, getting pumped. But don't lets get ahead of ourselves.

Day 2 of our certification survey. Fun watching the talking heads scuttle about. Hate dog n' pony shows. Why should we spit shine everything just because some person is here to tell us how we do our voodoo? Like the patients that are here don't deserve our best on a daily basis? Like the staff don't deserve to work under the best possible conditions? Yes kiddies, work is comparable to running: give it your best as it may be your last.......Ain't goin' to my grave w/the "what ifs."

Ah, now we're back.

Did 10. After no spin last night, hadda. No gloves needed, longs and hooded sweatshirt. Felt good, really good (didn't know I would).

Made the hotel res yesterday for the Sun Trust Marathon. NIIIIICE joint. For ONCE the designated host hotel isn't a rip. You KNOW it's a deal when my usual (Holiday Inn Express) is almost double the cost. Makes me wanna stay longer. Now do the Slamtrack tix and I'm off.

Next week'll be tough, Mon, Tues, Wed in Brooklyn @ a conference, then leave for D.C. n Thurs. Gonna hafta run in the am, take the train into Brooklyn, LIRR home, then do it all over again.

The price of dedication. Well worth it.

Still haven't lived down blowing first place though (67 f***in' seconds!!!!!). Quite taken with the spirit of Rob n' Co., but I know I got it in me. Just gotta give it more.

No comments: