6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Monday Monday

...so there I am, minding my own beeswax when, lo n' behold........SHIT!!! (whoa there fella, rewind the tape)

Get ready to take off, the boss is sitting in the minivan attending to last minute details-headed to Albany. He shakes his head and mutters "you're sick" (a compliment re: the hour of the day-6-late for me-and what I was doing @ that hour-running rather than sleeping). Of course I respond: "Duh."

Do St.Francis, nice morning. Felt good. After the 15k yesterday, figured it was only 9 miles so get out there n' reconnect with The Line. OK, so far so good. Not too much wind, crisp.

Get back to the unit, shower, vhevk my calendar...DAMN!!! I'm s'posed 'ta be in Manhattan! Fiddler crab takes over. Scurry scurry scurry. Thank G for running-preps you for any eventuality. Had the requisite metrocard in wallet, headed out the door @ 8. My mind reeling: good, in NYC, but the boss isn't on the unit, call n' remind them I'm but a phone call away (breathe, breathe). Great opportunity to reconnect with my peeps. Even better. Damn, this day could actually be fun! (Civil Service gots to note this: on the AD exam, throw 5 situations @ the candidate, they gots ta problem solve all of them in 30 seconds).

Get to the conference 1 1/2 hours late-oh well, be glad I'm there. Sign in, no one bats an eye. Lo n' behold, one of the staff bitzy ditches is registered, never showed. Like I said, be glad I'm there. Hooked up with peep FINALLY, grounded once again. Have regained my center.

On the phone with my peeps leaving the conference, they have TV in the 'vaters, CNN's on, the Gov. got caught-connected with ladies of the evening. Dayum! Wassup with the democrats??? Why do we always get caught???????

THEN, to add to the fun, catch a flick being filmed. Gots ta love nyc.

Unfortunately, returned too late for spinning-little things like um...whats the word...oh yes, FOOD. 7 pm and an empty gut. Not so good mon. Gotta remember to eat.

Back to Toxichouse, had a GREAT evening with Spike. Of course he was abandoned-It has BROOOOOOCE tix. Made him dinner, monitored his homework, made sure he was aware of the joy of spending any time whatsoever together. HE-apple doesn't fall far from the tree-revealed HIS secret for rigging the TV so the volume doesn't rise above a certain level (It blasts it @ all hours-our bedroom directly above). Give the boy massive props. Ingenious lil' bastard.

Lived an entire lifetime in one day.

No comments: