6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Thursday, March 13, 2008

get a grip!!!

arranged to get Liz Bailey to speak for the patients yesterday pm. She's impressive. Had the food catered. Italian. How people can eat this crap is beyond me. What you eat you carry with you. Unfortunately, this turned me off to food for the day. Fortunately, the patients rose to the occasion (what goes around...). No wonder I'm more comfortable with them than most others-they're real. No muss, no fuss, they enjoyed the day and returned the unit to a state better than it had been. Kudos there. What gets me is the "look at what I did" bs-everyone knows someone who must draw attention to themselves for the slightest thing-real or imagined. I've always believed in the drop of water in the ocean thing, i.e. just do your voodoo without expectations of notice. THAT in itself is a pure act. Makes me feel like something good was done. Nice.

With a full heart, had what I needed to get the job done this am. Did 10 (see what you can do on an empty stomach!!!!!, whoa there eating disorder!!!). Hadda. Did the 60 hard/30 recovery reps, actually improved my time-noticed quite by accident. I'll always seek to improve, but not for the sake of itself. Only to fine tune the machine.

Long sleeves n' shorts-good choice. 33 degs (gloves of course).

Looking forward to the weekend (a rare thing, usually just take what comes-file under "Bipolar burn-out.") NYRR 5 Miler on Sat, 4 x 2's sunday. For some perverse reason some peeps want me on their team (as in: REAL runners). Weather predicts rain, ouch.

***Queens 1/2 cancelled! Wow. Dunno why/how, but it ain't no mo'. Odd.

2 comments:

DebbieJRT said...

you're actually going to make a 7:30am race in the city? More power to you--not me!

G said...

never said I was normal