6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

fartlek

(excuse me, high fiber diet)

well, time to put up or shut up. Gotta give it my best shot. Did St.Francis-GORGEOUS weather-shorts/short sleeves), but with a twist. Did 60 secs hard, 30 secs recovery, consecutive reps. REALLY good. Kept thinkin' 'bout Deena Kastor training in the Marathon movie-the scene in which she's using dumbells to strengthen her arm pump. Unusual for me. More of a Zen runner, but, even Zen runners can't take being in the next to last corral.

Haven't worked that "my pimp is a Therapeutic Community" thing outta my system yet, really pisses me off, so, used it as fuel for the reps. What I don't get is how the NYRR, for whom I have nothing but respect, allows it. But then again, they're ignorant of the way tc's do what they do. Unfortunately they buy the hype.

Looking forward to hockey night, break them bones eh.

*P.S. Late aside:

about 2 weeks ago William F.Buckley died. Quite a loss. Disagreed completely with his politics, but gotta admire the man. He had the stones to say what he meant and take the consequences. He knew many disagreed, but was willing to speak nontheless. One of my role models. Not only did he have the stones, but unbelievable wit, and too damned smart. Beauty was, he WASN'T an egomaniac, but had the brains to back it all up. I heard him speak repeatedly, he gave some talks @ my college, always leaving an impression. He clearly enjoyed what he did, and took particular relish in verbally embalming they that deserved it. Wow. He taught me it's ok to be on the complete opposite side of an argument/situation, but stick to your guns. Truth will out. REALLY helpful to remember now.

No comments: