6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Monday, March 17, 2008

it was a dark and stormy night

woke up, tore ass outta the house, get to Eisenhower. Await the peeps. Of course it's raining-when will this shit end??? So, there we are waiting, waiting, waiting (HEY-I wasn't late!!!).

Peeps start dribbling in. Reconnect with some familiar faces, berate them into remembering the Only Race That Matters (fear works), discuss various hapnin's.

See the crew, reg. Hook up with the rest of the lean green machine (been thinkin' 'bout that tag line, I like it!). Also connect with some peeps not normally seen in my neck of the woods, nice.

Away we go, Rob leads, I'm second, Len's third, Joe's fourth. What the hell am I doing with this crowd??? But ok, I was asked. We come in second. 67 seconds off first. DAMN!!! Of course I'm thrilled to be in second, but.......I KNOW I dragged us down, but c'est la vie. Second is ok-more than I could ever imagine, just feel bad for the other guys. THIS is the spirit of a team relay. Bless them.

The club was strong, very strong. I can't express how proud I am. We had 3 teams. Wow. Best of all, the teams incorporated some familiar Non Green peeps, i.e. Joe-helluva guy.

Race itself was done in a sprinkle-kind'a misty, that lifted as the first leg ended. THEN in the pm, the sun came out. REAL FUNNY G!!!

Went in the pm to Rettmer's to get the race aps labeled. Usual wise-asses in attendance. Bless them.

No comments: