6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, March 9, 2008

6 down, 3 to go!

got the Colon Cancer 15k done, check. 3 more Q's to go to lock next year's Big One. Did ok, VERY cold in the am, 30 degs, but windy as hell. Normally 30 would call for indecision (shorts? longs?) but wind this am was HOWLING. You know it's heavy wind when the coin op newspaper stands topple over (AND the NYC trash cans-they can withstand a riot!). Hooded sweatshirt n' longs (a.k.a. the Unibomber look).

Tom called first thing in the am, my "wake up call," but I was already there. So early, I hadda decide park on West or East side.

Ran well, not great but well. Nothing to be proud of, but if I can keep this up I'll be ok. Pain free IS good n'est pas? STILL came in in front of 50 %. (of course the rest of my club was ahead, but let's maintain that John Bingham frame of mind)

Experimentation continues. Didn't do powergel, used those indiv. packets of cream cheese (2). Worked very well. Scary.

Miss the rest of my peeps badly. There'a a hole in my heart getting bigger with each passing day. There IS a point @ which you wonder if you weren't better off alone, but no. Peeps is good. Life goes on. Gots to. Many did King's Park yesterday, why I'll never know. NYRR races are so much better, without all the drama.

Funny aside: did the Y yesterday, headed to the truck, I hear my name. Female with daughter asks if I'm Gerry from the Striders. Way to go G. Just when you start humming Boulevard of Broken Dreams, a complete stranger digs you out. FunnIER aside: she id'd herself as the Invisible Strider-pays membership fee yet never goes to meetings. THAT must describe 2/3 of our club. Of course I responded "I was invisible until elected." Still trying though.

Impetigo, gone. Imagine feeling uncomfortable in your own skin, to the point that you'd willingly scratch 6 of 7 layers away. Yech. Now if I could just get my face to stop itching-moisturize moisturize moisturize!

...so it goes...

No comments: