6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Friday, June 20, 2014

Day 1829

Didn't suck!

Did a 5k in Flushing Meadows last evening. What I always say is "if you can run after work, you didn't work." First thing in the am is easy(er) than in the evening. But, 1)the guy who holds the race is cool, so you kinda/sorta gotta do it, and 2)it's Flushing Meadows Park-I grew up there. Amazing memories of the World's Fair, mom, you know, a family?

Broke 10, 9:39! AND, that was with 2 walk breaks. Lil' ol' 5k kicked my ass, but I still broke 10, with a full 60 seconds I could've shaved off.

Now the prob: my credential is up for renewal. Should I/shouldn't I? Should I keep a door open or move on? THIS is a crossroads. And here @ Toxichouse I get nothing but grief. No useful input other than daily reminders of how shitty I am. Last nights "you're a fuckin' asshole, you're a fuckin' asshole" keep replaying in my mind. Really supportive (and remember, this is with my son and his girl on the couch. Imagine what she was thinking?). THIS is what Jeeeeeeeeezus would do? THIS is the model of AA sobriety? Great shit to keep in mind while in the process of making a sale.

Useless psycho.

No comments: