6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, November 6, 2011

I AM stealth mode!!!!!

the tricky part was getting into the right corral/wave without a bib, but with the dickless midget motivating me, I made it happen!!!!!

What a GREAT run! With the pressure off (chips were in the bibs) I had the freedom to run as I wanted to. AND, as a result, came in a full hour and twelve minutes faster than last year. Of course last year I DID walk the last 6 miles, but still...in 30 years no one will ask why or how. All that matters is the medal.

And again, why would ANYONE come to a club dinner, with the first words out of their mouths being "If you're not wearing your bib, I'll make sure you get pulled from the course." Like I wasn't regged??? Like I didn't do a gazillion of their races?????? What an asshole. And yes, he saw me today, and yes, I shook his hand. And no, I wasn't wearing it. NO ONE tells me what to do. Limpdick asshole.

It really WAS a perfect day. Cool (NOT freezing cold) first thing, didn't need the hothands, nor the hazmat suit. Stuck to my plan: feed every 3 miles, with the peeps @ mile 14 ish with replenishment.

REALLY happy with my time. ESPECIALLY knowing I stuck it to limpdick.

Best sign: "worst parade ever."

Saw Nicole and Steve n' co, passed Big Bird Mike Ogazon, passed tall fluffy haired dentist guy. REALLY fed off the crowds. Lovely, truly lovely. GREAT to, in a sea of 45,000+, bump into peeps.

***Also, now, if you do 15, you're NOT automatically in. So, no pressure. We KNOW I'll always do at least 9 NYRR races, so I'll qualify that way. No biggie.

Thanks God. Thanks peeps!!!

*****And, after another shit night, amazed I did the run at all. Shebitch was, again, in rare form, on a tear about ________ (whatever meaningless shit), whereupon I raged right back "I have an important event tomorrow, shutthefuckup." No, it isn't easy doing this sort of thing with NO support on the homefront, in fact, sabotage, but it makes my peeps more important to me.

No comments: