6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

close, real close

just beat the snow! Last night, 1-3 inches, no rain fortunately.

This am, the plows were OUT!!! N' I mean OUT! Great thing. Again, big ups to NYC Parks. They had a plow ON THE LINE. Wow. When I asked que paso con esto, me dice que they do it due to the heavy use of The Line. Need I say more. REALLY cool. Imagine, pre-freakin' dawn, @ the hour I'm out there, they've already made 2 passes. Nice.

So, made for a gorgeous run! GREAT for the knees. Snow was fluffy where unplowed. Great for the running shoes as well. It was cold enough that nothing melted. ESP great for the iced over patches, actually got some...what's that word...oh yes, TRACTION. And how beautiful to again be the first set of footprints. On the way TO St.Francis a fellow maniac came FROM the direction of St.Francis, @ almost the same time we uttered to one another "that's dedication," and we laughed @ the timing. How cool.

Couple of more notes from facebook. Turns out one of my grade school peeps is also into guitars-Takamine's, but what the hell. Good taste is good taste regardless of the path it takes. Funny though, they all got fat, and I mean all. The guitar peep (you can tell there's a vibe there) also did a couple of marathons. Coincidence??? I think not.


.....then I saw her face...I'm a believer!

No comments: