6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Day 1757

THAT didn't hurt (much)

Did the dentist thing. WANTED to have 2 teeth they determined hadda go, pulled, but they can't 2 in 1 day (Sybil had 2, but they must've been together). So, had one pulled, and a filling (the filling that-15 years ago-was put in as a temp, which popped out asap). The good news? In n' out in 15 mins. The bad news: I didn't ask nor was given painkillers. After making a big deal about Its anniversary (after self medicating w/sleeping pills during the Avon days), It demanded/requested Vicodin after Its extractions-nice sobriety, but, whatever. With that as my example, I didn't ask. Man up damnit!

So, one visit yesterday, another after Saturday's half. Pushing the time factor-also, imagine a tooth extraction after running 13.1? Jeeeeeez, but, man up.

So, did the dental thing, THEN the vision thing (all this crap I ignored when I was working). Turns out I'm entitled to 2 pairs. They, of course, asked why I'd waited so long between visits. Ummm, because I don't think the world revolves around my selfish needs, because I was hired to render a service to the taxpayers? Of course I was thanked for years of uninterrupted service in an odd way, but I wouldn't be me if I'd put myself first. Not the reason we're put on the planet.

Saturday, taxes, grrrrr. Of course, NO help on the domestic front-been asking for centuries for their tax information, one more day to go. Remember, they had no problem tearing me a new one-demanding copies of the taxes-purely to break my stones. Rather than offer to get the taxes done, DEMAND copies. Right.

No comments: