6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Day 1599

Done!

Serious misgivings re; today's 1/2. If it was raining or parking was a hassle, was prepped to bail. Other races. But, this would complete the 5 borough series, and, was preregged. So, did it.

Glad I did.

Helped to know the logistics beforehand though. There usually is parking @ the stadium, not today-there was a big S.I. day thing hap'nin' there, so use the adjoining lots. In addition, you hadda be ready to sit forever after. I didn't leave the parking lot 'til 12:30. Staten island is ALWAYS a pain in the ass-either one lane getting off the island, or some other 'roid. But again, glad I did it. Lost steam after 6.5 miles, but I did ok. Also, my predawn Dim Sum peep was there-we're never alone. AND, 1200 metres from the finish, Dennis Walcott! Bastard came in @ 1:48. Scary dude.

While waiting in the parking lot, some Long Island usual suspects said hi! Really, never ever alone. just don't expect to get out quick.

All in all, no rain, I'm good.

*Pic of the medal below.

No comments: