6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

n' away we go!

leaving for Albany this am, 2 day Leadership Conference (can you FEEL the energy???). Good excuse to get in @ least 18 holes-course across the street.

Got an e mail from a Strider, reacting to members' selfishness. Very good points made, but they don't seem to get that when you die one and only one goes in the box. Essentially we're ALL selfish, but some overcome themselves. Again, living with Shebitch is good training. I made the writer aware of the fun we had @the run Sunday. Never did I think I'd actually ENJOY standing in place for 6 1/2 hours and NOT getting a medal for it! And WHY was it such fun? My peeps! Knowing Tom was there clipping chips, hangin' with Debbie, good fun! But kiddies, ya' gots 'ta be there to understand! Did I freeze? YES!!! But it wasn't about the "Great I am. " It was about giving, being there for others just as you want them there for you when YOU run. Thanks peeps! I feel surrounded-in a good way-peeps @ the run, peeps not @ the run (via e mail). In the big picture does anyone give a shit re: my existence? NO! It's all about what I bring to the table, NOT what's in it for me. Lesson reinforced.

Then, lo and behold, Tom calls re: the upcoming weekend. Decisions decisions. I'm preregged for the Run as One, but this is another of those "too much @ once" weekends. Delightful predicament.

...and yes I DID check, there's a Y in Albany-2.


...all I hear is the sound of raining falling on the ground................

No comments: