6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, February 23, 2008

too many options/you call THIS fun?

predicted weather for today: remnants of 3-6 inches of snow,light snow in the am. Went Thursday to sign up for today's NYRR 4 miler, and when I heard the forecast-turned around immediately. So, do the Runner's Edhe 3/6/9 mile fun run or go to Alley Pond, or brave the elements and do the NYRR 4m? Checked the NYRR Website, due to the forecast, they noted-on Friday-that the run would be considered a fun run, but yet still count as a Q. Hmmmmm. Got a call from Vince Fri pm stating the same. Ok, limits options to the Runner's Edge run or Alley Pond. But wait, the plot thickens, GLIRC's website announces due to the weather, the Runner's Edge run postponed. Wusses. Put it in G's hands, decided when I awoke.

Of course, drove into Manhattan, despite Saturday parking, and took my chances. Figured if it STILL counted as a Q (I'm sure in deference to preregged runners, very cool of them), and as it was considered a "fun run," i.e. no chips, what the hell? If you're gonna run, may as well make it count. AND (the gods were smiling) got a KILLER parking spot-hadda ask 2 NYPD parked across the street if it was a hallucination or did I actually cop (poor choice of words I know) a LEGAL spot on a Saturday?

Glad I went. Missed being my ap peeps on The Line, but got a good 4m in-the lack of distance made up by the fact that it WAS Central Park-nothing to snivel at. AND by now, with the Manhattan half, Bronx Half, Superbowlrun, and today, got 4 Q's in already! Nice! Of course, couldn't keep from checking the scene @ the parkhouse on my way back, saw Laughlin heading for his cool down with 2 of those blue people. Wish they'd come join the dark side.

Downside: felt awful seeing the munchkins sledding. Wish to hell Sybil would act, if not actually be, like a parent. Imagine the fun we could have if we made this a family thing. I quit trying when I had Keith preregged for the NY Mets Run to Homeplate 2 years ago, and she overrode my plans to yet again drag him along to one of her groupies bore-a-thons.

...so it goes...

No comments: