6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

...the next day

snow, then rain, then freezing rain. Even I wouldn't run in this crap. Good excuse to give the knees a break. Did the Bronx 1/2 on Sunday, so I guess I'm due.

So...what to do? SPIN! Ayep, back to basics. Went spinning Monday and Tuesday. 2 very dif classes, but great cardio. Monday is Henri-world beat music and strict adherence to form etc...Tuesday is Richie, more disco and a looser personality/balanced with a more fascist workout. Great effort both days, thanks Y. Add some weights, and some light ellip, and I can call both days successes. (funny how we have to convince ourselves to take time off (yes, I call spinning "time-off.")

Re: The Bronx Half. This one always SUCKS. Great parking, but gots'ta get there early...mon...kind'a kills the idea of getting good rest. Then, 2 loops. Hate loops, HATE 'em. But, at least this year wasn't gonad freezing cold. Blustery, but suffice to say could'a gone with shorts. My time sucked, but it always does. Much to my surprise, I came in about 15 mins better than last year. Tom made it, 7 mins late, but enough to pass me-bless him. Works all night, THEN does a half in under 2. Truly a Strider. Bumped into Elik, the triathlete-truly a fearsome stud. Gots'ta say I know some pumped peeps. Now if I could only be in FRONT of them.

...but I digress. NYRR does 5 halfs, if you do 4 of the 5, you're automatically in the Nike NYC half, thus my motivation/lack of. Gets me to do the halfs, but not gonna kill myself-bless you John Bingham. I rationalize it by looking to my arthritic knees/remembering the docs who told me to stop running/and memories of 360 lbs. Doesn't hurt to know that all that awaits me @ home is a toxic bitch who curses me at every turn. Hey, whatever motivates.

No comments: