6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Thursday, February 14, 2008

thursday, 2/14

Valentine's Day. Another day on which I try NOT to be too curmudgeonly-as in-in addition to Mother's Day, yet ANOTHER day manufactured for profit. Can't take it. But, Spike (whom you by now well know as "Keith") asked last night if we were getting something for Mommy. Can't say no to offspring. Thus, another night in which Shedevil can drink more coffee @ 10pm and then eat chocolate, then bitch about lack of sleep, then take a pill. Thank God for Spike. Despite it all, his heart is pure (or he's been co-opted by a consumer driven society).

45 Mins on the ellip last night, knowing no more spin Wednesdays. Miss it, and the fun we'd have trying to outdo each other in class. These wonderful memories are close to my heart. "Here I go again on my own..."

This am weather was perfect, ALMOST went out in shorts. Good thing common sense prevailed. Did what I usually do before leaving toxic house, checked online for temps, said 32. Was really 29 here. Still, juuuuust cool enough not to sweat-t shirt, unlined windbreaker, longs, and gloves. REALLY nice. Did the green line to St.Francis. If you're looking for miles, look elsewhere. Unless it's a race, I don't go there. Why? I'm a guy. Guy's are inherently competitive, even with themselves. I found myself in that "gotta gotta gotta" syndrome, and lost the Zen of it. Happened to read an article by John Bingham that changed my life, not just running. In it he stated if you're caught up in the gotta gotta gottas, start dead last in a race and work your way up. Words to live by. Got back, showered, and awaaaaay we go!

No comments: