6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Not the best @ what I do, the only one who does what I do

(Act like you care)

Why a blog? Why not? Cheap therapy/share with the world, take your pick. Truth IS in the perception or distillation thereof n'est pas?

Who am I? 48, m, 6ft, skinny (I hate scales-blame my eating disorder)-if the clothes fit n' I can get into a "small," what else matters? Half Rican/half Belgian. Mom and Dad met during WWII. He was a soldier, her town was held by the Germans.

So here I am 48 years later, married to a bipolar wife-no really, I'm talkin' BIpolar. To her friends I'm satan, after keeping the house together for 2 years while she underwent cancer surgery/rehab, that's what you get; to my friends she's Sybil-as in: you never know what to expect when you enter the house-como se dice.....toxic??? Cheaper to keep her. Home is really fun (why I run so much-more on that later). Add to the mix my son Keith-a very cool stud if ever there was one, and Hulk-our dog-Rottie/Pit mix-100 lbs of mush (just don't tell that to strangers, he's cheaper than ADT).

What do I do? For $ I'm A.D. @ the best drug rehab in Queens, or earth for that matter. For everything else, I golf and run. Neither well, but I do 'em.

"So...who are you REALLY." I'm the Pres. of the Alley Pond Striders, hence, the "potaps" title. This, for me, is a defining thing. I'm a runner. For those of us that run, we get "it," whatever "it" is. We know the Zen of pushing yourself beyond what others call normal, i.e. marathons. We know the hardest part is getting motivated to get out the door, the rest is easy-well, almost. We know only another runner can "get" another runner. While Sybil bitches about everything in order to dodge responsibility for her life (oops, issue there), my peeps only wanna know how I did. We accept us as we are. Kind'a like a relationship, at least as they're supposed to be.

You'll read about daily workouts, my peeps, and my life.

If you care, thanks. If not.....so it goes..................

No comments: