6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Monday, February 18, 2008

I can't believe I ate..........

get to Prospect Park saturday, much trepidation. Do the relay? do the whole 10? too many options. (mental note: talk to God re: this whole "free will" thing). As soon as they promoted it as a "race for the hardcore," you can guess what the result was.

But enough digression. Hooked up with Tom, took the train, got lost, got on the right train (on weekends the F is the C, the G is the F, Wednesday is Sundae's, twofer Tuesday...................)got to Bishop Ford, do the fiddler crab scurry. Tom started on time, I started late (when you see the guy with the portable speaker coming back to ground zero, you're late). En route to the start-4 blocks-terror struck. Empty pockets. No powers gel, no hot hands, no shit. DAMN. Only the GU Tom offered en route. Suck it up.

First loop, so far so good (keeping in the back of my mind that I was running as Steve Alexander helped-could bail @ any time). Did the second loop, STILL not so bad. Middle of the second loop, do the GU (take THAT one out of context). STILL feeling good, despite thoughts of cutting out, rationalizing that I did my 6 + for the day. STILL, what would Steve think? Hang in there, no walk breaks yet, doing ok. See Tom while ending loop 2, the guy's amazing. Worked all night, no sleep, does this mother in great time. Passed Wendy "Killer Quads" Blauman, she MUST be illin'. Third loop, hey, I can do this, until.......can it be.......DONE! YES! Missed my peeps of years past, no Dominick, no Uncle Sam character, no Superman character, but for the FIRST time, finished this sucker! Of course, I'm sure doing the Bronx half a week earlier helped. Started 5 mins late n' still came in @ 1:43...

Ran with the club Sunday, great to see so many peeps. Some whining about refreshment day (Gambino and I were both out). Guess when we die, the secret to making coffee will go with us. (note to self: AGAIN talk to G re: this whole "free will" thing). Discussed next weeks 3 x 2's. Getting interesting.

Day off today, makes it a Y day. Some runnin', some ellipin', night spin. Yummmm. AND 60 = degrees!

No comments: