6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Monday, November 4, 2013

Day 1621

Finished, barely.

Knowing the Toxichouse front, and the fact that the bus from Runner's Edge wasn't leaving until 5:30, I didn't kill myself. Did well for the first half, then took half on/half off breaks-45 secs run/30 secs walk. Knees held up, but after doing 6.5-10 daily, when your knees can't handle a long run, this is what happens. I'm happy, not thrilled with my time, but happy to have finished. Especially after last year.

Temps were perfect, barely broke a sweat. You know that sheen of salt that covers you after, nope, not this time. Between putting on and taking off my jacket, I was busy for the first half, @ 14 I gave it to The Striders. Underneath I had a base layer long sleeve and Strider overshirt.

Stoney? Not a word. Shebitch, asked about my time, that's the only utterance.

When people asked how I did, my answer was "Bitch is home, why should I hurry?"

Wish I was joking.

Listening to the peeps on the bus taking with their loved ones hurt, but my peeps are there, just not where I sleep. Shitload of calls and posts. Support was there thank God. AND, my NYRR peeps were there. Even with 50,000+, ran into 'em!

No comments: