6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Day 1522

Put the 2 together and?

Between The American Led Zep Friday night and Robert Plant Saturday night, throw in Jimmy Page and.....

Was in Prospect Park for a 5k sat am, I was asked by a runner (when he saw the Zep tat on my arm) if I was seeing Plant in the eve. Perfect! And I didn't really wanna do the 5k, much less see Percy but the evening was breezy, and I'm glad I stayed to do the 5k.

I was gonna split, there were no signs, hooked up with another lost runner, nothing to even indicate a race was happening. Was SO pissed after walking, literally, around Prospect Park, that I was headed to my vehicle to leave. Fortunately, I bumped into a runner who picked up his bib earlier in the week, together we went off to find this fucking race.

Sho' 'nuff, it was tucked away. I'm talkin' TUCKED AWAY. If you tried, you couldn't have hidden it any better. BUT, I'm glad I stuck around. Because of the confusion, they started it 30 mins after the scheduled time (good, otherwise I'd have hadda done the race sans knee braces, OUCH!). So, did the 5k, which with all the fucking walking, was a 10k. The BEST news, didn't havta walk any of it! Nice to see results. More running, more gooder.

So, since I was in Brooklyn anyway, spent the day farting around, then Plant in the evening.

Nice.

No comments: